Applicants must read and acknowledge their understanding of the information and instructions.
Temporary Admission for Military Spouse Instructions
Rules Regulating Admission to the Bar in Missouri
You are responsible for reading and understanding the Rules Regulating Admission to the Bar in Missouri.
All information and announcements are posted on our website at www.mble.org. You are expected to regularly visit the MBLE website to review the announcements and information posted there. MBLE
corresponds with applicants primarily via e-mail. You are required to maintain a current e-mail address and
mailing address on your personal MBLE Registration Account, and to regularly read all mail from this office,
whether sent electronically or by postal service. It is your responsibility to ensure that e-mails from MBLE
are not filtered as spam and to add @courts.mo.gov and @mble.org to your e-mail address book.
Filing Deadlines & Fees
There is no filing deadline for submitting an applicaiton for temporary admission for attorney spouses of active duty military. The fee is $1240. Filing fees are not refundable even if you withdraw your application or do not meet the requirements for admission.
Review the fee schedule and filing deadlines »
Proper Application Filing Process
For your application to be properly filed, you must submit the electronic application, prescribed filing fee
and authorization and release form. If you fail to complete the filing process within six months of
submission of the electronic application, you will be required to submit an entirely new application as if
applying for the first time.
1. Application - Complete and submit the electronic portion of your application. Do not submit the electronic application in paper form.
2. Filing Fee - Pay the prescribed filing fee, either by credit card, debit card, or send a money order, cashier's check, corporate
check or law firm check made payable to "Clerk of the Supreme Court." Print your name on the check exactly as it appears in the
application in order to ensure proper credit. Unacceptable forms of payment include cash, personal checks and traveler's checks. All fees are
3. Authorization and Release form - Print the A&R form and sign it in the presence of a notary. The
properly signed and notarized A&R form must be received by mail or upload before your application will be
accepted for filing. Your application will not be accepted for filing until a signed and notarized A&R form is
Once you have submitted your application electronically, you may also upload the signed and notarized Authorization and Release form, in PDF, by clicking on the "Upload New Document" button located in the bottom right corner of your user home page. Uploaded picture/PNG/JPG files will not be accepted.
Mailing the documents -
For U.S. Postal Service regular delivery:
Missouri Board of Law Examiners
P.O. Box 104236
Jefferson City, MO 65110-4236
Certified mail, delivery service (FedEx/UPS) or personal delivery:
Missouri Board of Law Examiners
1700 Jefferson Street
Jefferson City, MO 65109
External documents - Many additional documents, beyond the application form, are required to complete
your application and admissions file. We refer to these as "external documents." External documents are
documents that are required based upon your answers in the application form and which you typically must
obtain from some third party. Examples of external documents include your driver's license records,
electronic fingerprints, police reports, court records, etc. The A&R form and fee are NOT external documents.
External documents can be submitted before, concurrent with, or after filing your application. While we do
not require that external documents be submitted at the time the application is filed, the decision as to your
character and fitness and eligibility for admission will be delayed until we have received all required external
documents. Therefore, it is in your best interest to submit all required external documents in a timely
manner, preferably with the paper portion of your application. It is helpful if you include a cover letter with
the paper portion of your application listing any missing external documents and the date we can expect to
All external documents, with the exception of certificates of status and disciplinary statements, can be
uploaded after submitting your application electronically by clicking the “Upload New Document” button
located in the bottom right corner of your MBLE user home page.
Required for proper filing of application:
1. Electronic application forms completed and submitted.
2. Filing fee paid by credit card, debit card, cashier's check, money order, corporate check or law firm check.
3. A&R form signed in the presence of a notary and mailed or uploaded.
Required to fully complete application to receive character and fitness determination:
4. Official driver's record(s) that includes your history of any traffic violations and administrative actions as requested in Question 2 of the Application for Character and Fitness Report. This can also be uploaded from your MBLE user home page.
5. Submission of fingerprints. Register online at MACHS with our agency registration number: 2948. Instructions for applicants living outside of Missouri.
6. All other external documents requested in the application. With the exception of certificates of status, disciplinary statements, and official law school transcripts, all external documents can be uploaded as individual documents from your MBLE user home page.
Required to fully complete your file so eligibility for admission can be determined:
7. Proof of satisfaction of legal education requirements set out in Rule 8.106(a)(3) - Official transcript showing the date your J.D. degree was awarded, from a law school approved by the ABA, mailed directly to the Board's office from the law school or emailed directly from the law school to email@example.com. No "issued to student" transcript will be accepted. If your J.D. degree was not awarded from a law school approved by the ABA, you must provide evidence you meet the requirements of Rule 8.07(d) or (e).
8. Certified birth certificate, certified Consular Report of Birth, a copy of Certificate of Citizenship evidencing
your status as U.S. citizen, or a legible copy of both sides of the US. Citizenship and Immigration Services
(USCIS) document evidencing your status as a naturalized citizen, a lawful permanent resident, or an alien
authorized to work in the U.S. This can also be uploaded from your MBLE user home page.
9. Certificate of Status from the licensing authority of each U.S. jurisdiction (state, territory or the District of
Columbia) or foreign jurisdiction where you currently are, or ever have been, admitted to practice law as
requested in Question 9 of the Application for Character and Fitness Report. These documents must be
mailed and cannot be copies of the originals. To be eligible under Rule 8.106, you must have an active,
unlimited license to practice law in at least one state or territory of the United States or the District of
10. Disciplinary History Statement from the disciplinary authority of each U.S. jurisdiction (state, territory
or the District of Columbia) or foreign jurisdiction where you currently are or ever have been admitted to
practice law as requested in Question 9 of the Application for Character and Fitness Report. The statement
from the disciplinary authority must include a verification that you are not the subject of any pending
disciplinary complaints. These documents must be mailed and cannot be copies of the originals.
11. MPRE score of not less than 80 certified to our office by the National Conference of Bar Examiners.
12. Signed Certificate of Completion showing that you have taken and passed the Missouri Educational
Component Test (MECT). This can also be uploaded from your MBLE user home page. Do not complete the
MECT before properly submitting your application.
13. Copy of your spouse’s military orders reflecting assignment to a permanent duty station in Missouri or a contiguous state. This document may be uploaded from your MBLE user home page.
14. Copy of your DOD ID as a registered dependent spouse (front and back). This document may be uploaded from your MBLE user home page.
15. If you do not meet the residency or work domicile requirement under Rule 8.106(a)(2), provide a
signed and notarized Affidavit A (Missouri Work Domicile Affidavit) or Affidavit B (Missouri Residence
Affidavit), evidencing your intent to do so within the time period specified in the rule. The applicable form will be available on your MBLE user homepage based on your answers to Registration Questions 3/3.1 and 4/4.1.