Applicants must read and acknowledge their understanding of the information and instructions.
INFORMATION AND INSTRUCTIONS - LAW STUDENT REGISTRATION APPLICATIONS (LSR)
Rules Regulating Admission to the Bar in Missouri
You are responsible to read and understand the Rules Regulating Admission to the Bar in Missouri.
All information and announcements are posted on our website at www.mble.org. You are expected to regularly visit the
MBLE web site to review the announcements and information posted there. MBLE corresponds with applicants primarily via e-mail. You are required to
maintain a current e-mail address and mailing address on your personal MBLE Registration Account, and to regularly read all mail from this office,
whether sent electronically or by postal service. It is your responsibility to ensure that e-mails from MBLE are not filtered as spam and to add
@courts.mo.gov and @mble.org to your e-mail address book.
You will be asked in the application for the bar examination to provide your NCBE number.
Request an NCBE number online at http://www.ncbex.org/ncbe-number/. Once you have a NCBE number you will use the same number no matter where you are sitting for the MBE.
Filing Deadlines & Fees
The timely filing deadline is the first June 30 after you begin law school. Late filing is allowed, subject to a higher fee. The timely filing fee is
$200. The late filing fee is $425. Filing deadlines and corresponding fees are strictly enforced. Filing fees are not refundable even if you withdraw
Review the fee schedule and filing deadlines »
The law student registration process is offered to allow you to seek an early character and fitness determination. It does not register you to take the
bar examination. When you begin your final semester of law school, you must submit an application to take the upcoming bar examination.
Proper Application Filing Process
For your application to be properly filed, you must submit the electronic application, prescribed filing fee and authorization and release form by the
proper filing deadline. If you fail to complete the Filing Process within six months of submission of the electronic application, you will be required to submit an entirely new application as if applying for the first time.
1. Application - Complete and submit the electronic portion of your application. Do not submit the electronic application in paper
2. Filing Fee - Pay the prescribed filing fee, either by credit card, debit card, or send a money order, cashier's check, corporate
check or law firm check made payable to "Clerk of the Supreme Court." Print your name on the check exactly as it
appears in the application in order to ensure proper credit. Unacceptable forms of payment include cash, personal checks and traveler's
checks. All fees are non-refundable.
3. Authorization and Release form - Print the A&R form and sign it in the presence of a notary. The properly signed and notarized
A&R must be postmarked or received by the proper filing deadline. Your application will not be accepted for filing until a signed and notarized A&R is received.
Once you have submitted your application electronically, you may also upload the signed and notarized Authorization and Release form, in PDF, by clicking on the "Upload New Document" button located in the bottom right corner of your user home page. Uploaded picture/PNG/JPG files will not be accepted.
Mailing the documents -
For U.S. Postal Service regular delivery:
Missouri Board of Law Examiners
P.O. Box 104236
Jefferson City MO 65110-4236
Certified mail, delivery service (FedEx/UPS) or personal delivery
Missouri Board of Law Examiners
1700 Jefferson Street
Jefferson City MO 65109
External documents - Many additional documents, beyond the application form, are required to complete your application and admissions
file. We refer to these as "external documents." External documents are documents that are required based upon your answers in the application form
and which you typically must obtain from some third party. Examples of external documents include your driver's license records, electronic
fingerprints, police reports, court records, etc. The A&R form and fee are NOT external documents.
External documents can be submitted before, concurrent with, or after filing of your application. While we do not require that external documents be
submitted at the time the application is filed, the decision as to your character and fitness and eligibility for admission will be delayed until we
have received all required external documents. Therefore, it is in your best interest to submit all required external documents in a timely manner,
preferably with the paper portions of your application. It is helpful if you include a cover letter with the paper portion of your application listing
any missing external documents and the date we can expect to receive those.
All external documents can be uploaded after submitting your application electronically by clicking the "Upload New Document" button located in the bottom right corner of your user home page.
Required for proper filing of application:
1. Electronic application form completed and submitted.
2. Filing fee in paid by credit card, debit card, cashier's check, money order, corporate check or law firm check.
3. A&R signed in presence of notary and mailed or uploaded.
Required to fully complete application so character and fitness can be determined:
4. Official driver's record(s) that include your history of any traffic violations and administrative actions as requested in Question 2 of the Application for Character and Fitness Report. This can also be uploaded from your user home page.
5. Submission of fingerprints. Register online at MACHS with our Agency registration number: 2948. Instructions for applicants living outside of Missouri.
6. Certified birth certificate, certified Consular Report of Birth, a copy of Certificate of Citizenship evidencing your status as U.S. citizen, or a legible copy of both sides of the US. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) document evidencing your status as a naturalized citizen, a lawful permanent resident, or an alien authorized to work in the U.S. This can also be uploaded from your user home page.
7. All other external documents requested in the application. All external documents can be uploaded as individual documents from your user home page.