The instructions below are for a disbarred attorney applying to take the bar exam in Missouri for reinstatement purposes pursuant to Rule 5.28.
This type of applicant does not undergo a character and fitness investigation by the Board of Law Examiners. Therefore, only the electronic bar exam
application will be loaded into the applicant's home page.
INFORMATION AND INSTRUCTIONS FOR REINSTATEMENT APPLICANTS ONLY- BAR EXAMINATION APPLICATIONS
Rules Regulating Admission to the Bar in Missouri
You are responsible to read and understand the Rules Regulating Admission to the Bar in Missouri.
All information and announcements are posted on our website at www.mble.org. You are expected to regularly visit the
MBLE web site to review the announcements and information posted there. MBLE corresponds with applicants primarily via e-mail. You are required to
maintain a current e-mail address and mailing address on your personal MBLE Registration account, and to regularly read all mail from this office,
whether sent electronically or by postal service. It is your responsibility to ensure that e-mails from MBLE are not filtered as spam and to add
@courts.mo.gov and @mble.org to your e-mail address book.
You will be asked in the application for the bar examination to provide your NCBE number. Request an NCBE number online at http://www.ncbex.org/ncbe-number/.
Once you have a NCBE number you will use the same number no matter where you are sitting for the MBE.
Filing Deadlines & Fees
Review the fee schedule and filing deadlines »
Proper Application Filing Process
For your application to be properly filed, you must submit the electronic application, prescribed filing fee and authorization and release form by the
proper filing deadline. If you fail to complete the Filing Process within six months of submission of the electronic application, you will be required to submit an entirely new application as if applying for the first time.
1. Application - Complete and submit the electronic portion of your application. Do not submit the electronic application in paper form.
2. Filing Fee - Pay the prescribed filing fee, either by credit card, debit card, or send a money order, cashier's check, corporate
check or law firm check made payable to "Clerk of the Supreme Court." Print your name on the check exactly as it appears
in the application in order to ensure proper credit. Unacceptable forms of payment include cash, personal checks and traveler's checks. All
fees are non-refundable.
3. Authorization and Release form - Print the A&R form and sign it in the presence of a notary. The properly signed and notarized A&R must be postmarked no later than the final filing deadline for the exam. Your application will not be accepted for filing until a signed and notarized A&R is received subject to the late filing fees as outlined in the fee schedule.
Once you have submitted your application electronically, you may also upload the signed and notarized Authorization and Release form, in PDF, by clicking on the "Upload New Document" button located in the bottom right corner of your user home page. Uploaded picture/PNG/JPG files will not be accepted.
Other PDF forms - Any forms that must be printed and submitted by mail are in Adobe PDF format (e.g., Petition for Test Accommodations). You must type your answers in the PDF forms and then print and mail them to our office.
Mailing the documents -
For U.S. Postal Service regular delivery:
Missouri Board of Law Examiners
P.O. Box 104236
Jefferson City MO 65110-4236
Certified mail, delivery service (FedEx/UPS) or personal delivery
Missouri Board of Law Examiners
1700 Jefferson Street
Jefferson City MO 65109
Required for proper filing of application:
1. Electronic application form completed and submitted.
2. Filing fee paid by credit card, debit card, cashier's check, money order, corporate check or law firm check.
3. A&R signed in presence of notary and mailed.