Skip to Content

Information & Applications » Rule 8.06 - Temporary Permit » Temporary Permit to Practice In Missouri - Attorney Applicants Only

Lawyers who meet the qualifications set out in Rule 8.06 may apply to practice law temporarily in Missouri for a period not to exceed 12 months while their application for admission is pending. Please refer to Rule 8.06 to review the qualifications for temporary practice certification. In general, to qualify the following conditions must be met:

1. You must have filed an application for admission in Missouri pursuant to Rule 8.07 (admission with bar exam), Rule 8.09 (admission by transferred UBE Score), Rule 8.10 (admission without exam), Rule 8.105 (limited admission as in-house counsel) or Rule 8.106 (temporary admission for attorney spouses of active duty military); AND,

2. You must not have previously failed the Missouri bar examination; AND,

3. You must be an active member in good standing of the highest court of a state or territory of the United States; AND,

4. You must not be under suspension or disbarment by any court of record or the subject of any pending disciplinary complaints.

If you have not already done so in connection with your admission application, you must provide a Certificate of Good Standing from the highest court of every state or territory in which you are admitted and a Disciplinary Statement from each state or territory in which you are admitted. The Disciplinary Statement must verify that there are no PENDING complaints. When you contact the disciplinary offices to request a Disciplinary Statement, specify in your request that the Statement MUST address whether there are any PENDING complaints. These documents can be uploaded to your user home page or e-mailed to

Complete this Rule 8.06 temporary permit application form and upload it to your MBLE user homepage (available once you have an admission application submitted), or mail it, along with the required fee to the address below.  Please note you cannot save data typed into this form.  Send a Money Order, Cashier's Check, Corporate Check or Law Firm Check made payable to "Clerk of the Supreme Court."  Do not send a personal check.  Credit card payments can be made by calling the MBLE office at (573) 751-9814.  All fees are non-refundable.   

MO Board of Law Examiners
Post Office Box 104236
Jefferson City, MO 65110-4236